Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Della's Birth

On the 16th of may I got my membranes stripped for the second time since it didn't work the week prior. I started having good and steady contractions around 3 and took the kids to go play at the retention basin, mostly so I could walk around. Well once I started that, they went away after about 30 min. That night I told Phil to go ahead to his church meetings at 7 and I would call if I felt anything happen again. Around 9 I started to have contractions again but was worried they would go away like they did a few hours before. Phil got home around 9:30 and I decided to keep waiting it out until they were a little more steady. They started to get pretty uncomfortable and it was hard to concentrate on the tv show we were watching so we called my mom around 10:30-11 and she headed our way. We got to the hospital just around midnight. And apparently the system resets at midnight so the early online registration I already had done was nowhere to be found. So I had to answer a bunch of questions through contractions. Fun. They checked me and I was at a 5. My cousin who I wanted to be my nurse ended up already on the schedule to work that night and she got to be my nurse! I told her I was ready for the epidural as soon as possible. I got to my room, got my epidural a few minutes later and "tried to rest". We weren't trying or needing to quicken the process but her heart rate dropped just a little so I used the peanut ball to see if that would help me dilate. Christie came and checked in on me at 3:30 and apparently my water broke so she checked to see how far I was and said, "oh there's her head!" They quickly called my doctor and Adeline was born with one good push at 3:57 am. My first thought was how big and chubby she looked! And sure enough, my biggest baby weighing in at 7lbs 10 oz and 20 1/2 inches long and 6 days early on May 17. Also my smoothest and quickest labor yet. Having my sweet cousin be my nurse made this the best experience! We stayed at a different hospital this time and Phil really enjoyed that there was actually a couch to sleep on. And we only had to stay one night unlike the other 3. 
A friend from our ward who is also a gyno was there delevering and said hello after. Grandma Sherwood came and brought the kids to meet Della. Kayla came to take pictures. Sara, Samantha, Raine and Dan all came to visit. And grandpa Sherwood tried but apparently we were asleep. Don Wisdom also stopped by. Having the kids come meet her was so very sweet. Kinzi and Baiden were so full of joy and couldn't believe she was really here. Huddy got to hold her first and didn't want to share.
I loved all the staff and felt very taken care of. They were pretty hands off since they knew it was my 4th and that was nice. So happy sweet Adeline (Della) joined our family. She's the perfect caboose.