Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Birthday/Valentines Week(end)

I had a good birthday-it mostly consisted of doing "make-up" homework from all the days i missed at choir tour-eh oh well. i guess it just shows im growing up haha. But Phil made my day wonderful! I came home from tour with an early b-day present-a wedding band! woo-i didnt have my ring the whole time in utah so it could be put on there! My hubby is the greatest! After i got caught up on my work I made myself a confetti cake (which i wanted to make it-phil offered but i just really wanted to make it haha) and we invited over like 3 people and ate and played some games. So it was good-and FUN! Then three days lata for valentines day i woke up early to head off to the ground breaking for the GILA VALLEY TEMPLE! I was able to sing in the choir and be right up where the speakers were. What an amazing experience. After that Phil and I went to his parents house to play a little baseball in the backyard. Then we got to go horseback riding! SOOO FUN! It had been a long time since i had been. That night we were both so dead-we went and got Ice cream and rented a movie! simple and fun!
But he didnt let the valentines weekend end there. Monday night he said he was going to run by to get the mail-but came back with bagels and flavored cream cheese-a cute little valentine bear thing haha and my new FAVORITE snack- minute maid frozen limade! MMMMM! He is wonderful-im so glad i married such a sweet person! He bought a pack of 8-i think there are like 3 left from monday haha, but really.


6 comments:

Paul and Celeste Johnson said...

Hey Sophie! Happy Late Birthday!. your tour looks like you gals had an amazing time!! haha. looks like so much fun!. Also, our rings look so much alike! thats awesome, did you get to pick it out or did Phil!?. So I think we should get together sometime, I know you live in Thatcher and im here in Mesa, but whenver one of us goes to whichever place, we could make it happen! :) you seem like such a fun and sweet girl!. I know we would have a blast!. Also you cut your hair, and now have bangs, very cute. Well hope all is well for ya girl!.

Chantel and Brian said...

How fun. Gorgeous ring by the way! I would like that gift too! I am so happy you guys are getting a temple. I remember my mom never getting to go when we lived in Pima cuz she didn't ahve the time to go to Mesa. I think it's awesome that of all the places you guys get one right there in central. Yea!

Marilee said...

hmmm i can still taste that cake!! Oh and remember how we were FREEZING that morning, but it was so worth it!

MeganHowell said...

oh i didnt know if was your bday, we could have CELEBRATED IF YOU HUNG OUT WITH MY IN UTAH!!! that anger being expressed... ide like to point out that we are so much alike because the minute maid limeaid is my most favorite drink ever too. the end. i love you whore. fondle me.

Raine said...

FUN, FUN, FUN! You forgot to post about the HUGE news that your favorite almost 2 year old nephew can say your name now! "Aunt Fofie"

The Merrill Family said...

Thanks sophie for all your comments! We are really excited! How are you guys doing?